Saturday, April 9, 2011

Adventures in Minnesota.

Cory and I found a castle!!! Okay, I am  being a little extreme, it is actually an old water tower converted into a "look out tower." It's so crazy though because this is about 10 minutes away from where we live and we have never seen it before. I just wanted to share because it was soooo beautiful to climb the steps to the castle and see the wonderful view of Minneapolis. It's funny how every little part of Minneapolis means something to me now that we are moving to South Korea. You can find this tower on University...a little further then the U of M campus. Rumor has it that they let people climb the tower one day out of the year because of it being so old. In the last week of May, there is an ice cream social and guests are allowed to see the extraordinary view. We heard from a local that when climbing to the top you can look one way and see downtown Minneapolis, and look the other way to see downtown St. Paul. How awesome! So, all that to say... this little castle we found is now on our calendar to view come May.

I guess I am writing about this to share about taking one step at a time...and enjoying the little things in between. This may be something small to my readers, but to me it was quite a treasure to find. I love Minneapolis, and it will surely be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment