Friday, April 1, 2011

How did he propose!?!

This seems to be a very popular question that Cory and I have been hearing! So here it is, the story of how Cory proposed:

It all started the very first weekend of February. My family decided they wanted to go on a little weekend vacation to Christmas Mountain in Wisconsin Dells. Now, Christmas Mountain holds a lot of memories for me and my family. I grew up going there every year... skiing, bike rides, mini golf, go-karts... endless memories. So needless to say, I was VERY excited that Cory would be coming along for a great weekend of skiing (or so I thought) So we arrived on a Friday night, woke up on Saturday morning and hit the slopes! It was Cory's first time skiing and he got the hang of it very fast. Well... besides the whole standing still part, he kept falling...

Anyways, we ended up skiing the whole entire day! Then, at one time on the chair lift, I leaned over to Cory and asked, "Are you sure you want to be with me forever?" I just kept thinking the whole entire day, 'I can't believe how blessed I am.' Catching him a little off guard, he grabbed my hand and said "Of Course." Shortly after, all of us went back to the cabin to eat dinner. Before leaving to go back to the slopes my sister suggested I fix my hair...and that I made sure my camera was charged (funny that I didn't catch on). So I listened to my big sis and made sure my hair was cute to go skiing. 

When we headed back to the slopes it looked magical outside! The lights were on the hill and the snow looked absolutely beautiful. We were all trying new tricks, and I even went over a jump... twice! Dad was videotaping all of us just laughing and living it up. It was getting close to go home when Cory and Ryan (my brother in law) decided it would be cool to try a totally different trick. They wanted to see if they could ski backwards!! So the plan was to have Ryan go down first...then Missy (my sister) then Cory and lastly me. They told me to go down last so I could help Cory up if he fell. I smiled and agreed to the plan....completely clueless! So as we were about to go down the hill, Cory pulled me aside and we said our special saying:

Cory: I love you
Michelle: I love you
Cory: Promise?
Michelle: Promise.
Cory: No matter what?
Michelle: No matter what.
Cory: Forever?
Michelle: Forever. 

We kissed and he skied away... As I was following I remember seeing him completely WIPE OUT in front of me. I tried to slow down... but being the ham that I am, I saw the video cameras rolling and skied right up to them waving and smiling. My family was telling me to go back up the hill... as I was still very clueless to what was about to happen. All of a sudden Cory is yelling from up the hill, "My knee! I messed up my knee." Which I was extremely afraid of due to his ACL injury. Therefore, I whipped off my skis and ran up the hill! As soon as I got up there Cory was certainly acting it up. The funny thing is that I actually walked away from him and did not realize he was 'down on one knee'. I backed away because I thought I was in the way of other skiers coming down the hill... but it was interesting to see that when I walked away Cory's knee 'mysteriously' started hurting more...to the point where I had to come look at it.

I bent down to see his knee and to my surprise there was a very shiny ring in his hand! "Will you marry me?" he nervously asked. I SCREAMED "What!??!" I turned to my family, who was in on this from the beginning... "WHAT?!?" I continued to say. Then finally, the words he was waiting for, "Oh my gosh, yes!!!" He slipped my 2 1/4 ring on my finger and we were officially engaged! Shortly after we saw fireworks together over the ski hills and we celebrated with my family. It was by far the perfect weekend!

....and that's how it happened. A fake knee injury, one gullible girl, and an amazing family to set up this whole extravaganza! I couldn't ask for a better story  <3









No comments:

Post a Comment