Wednesday, July 17, 2013

471 days



My my my, I sure am behind on this blog. Of course, we’ve been doing great! So many things have happened since I last updated. I hardly know where to begin. Since my last post we’ve been to Singapore and Australia (amongst other places). Both were amazing trips. I will talk more about our time there in another post.

Cory and I have been enjoying our time in Korea. We did re-sign to stay in Korea for yet another year! That will make it a total of 3 years! Crazy. We have 471 days left until we leave Korea; November 2014. That sounds like a lot of days, but the last 1 year and 7 months has flown by!

A lot of things have changed in Korea for us. First, we really have an understanding of our life here. At first, when you arrive in Korea you can’t understand anything. At least that’s how it was for us. You can’t read anything or talk to a lot of people. It’s pretty hectic, but... you’ll eventually figure it out. I like to believe that Cory and I now have a true/better understanding of Korea. It’s a pretty cool feeling when you can understand someone speaking Korean to you. I’m not talking conversations by any means, but just phrases here and there. It sure helps a ton! Korea truly feels like another home to us.

Also, Cory and I have met some friends over here that I believe we will keep in contact with no matter where life takes us. It makes a huuuuge difference having friends over here. It truly is an answer to our prayers. We are planning trips almost every weekend to hang out. It’s been a blast! We talk about how it’s so crazy how we all come from different paths yet we are here in Korea together. Some of us aren’t even from the same country! If you actually stop and think about that, it’s pretty cool.  God has been full of surprises our entire time in Korea. Only 471 days left, but we are so excited to see what else is to come! 


1 comment:

  1. Yes! So happy to see/read you are blogging again. :) I will for sure be following along as you post!

    ReplyDelete