Monday, December 5, 2011

.Too RiskAy for Facebook.

This weekend Cory and I went to Suncheon! It's exciting that we are really starting to understand the bus system here. Our friends from orientation planned this trip to all meet in Suncheon, which is about an hour bus ride from our small town. There were about 15 of us so it ended up being a BLAST! It was so nice to just relax and talk to people normally. Cory and I have been a little nervous that our speech will be a lot slower when we arrive back home. When talking to Koreans all day, you need to speak slowly and use the most simple words. I give them so much credit though! I mean here we come in not even knowing ANYTHING in Hangul (Korean). It would be like a Spanish speaking person coming to the USA not knowing anything at all (and I mean anything) in English. And it's up to YOU to communicate to them in the little Spanish  you may know. Seriously, I give them props! Anyway...enough with that tangent.

We went to Suncheon and checked into a "love motel." Now this explanation is a little too "saucy" to put on facebook, so I thought I would explain it here. In Korea, a love motel is VERY nice! It was $50 bucks a night and let me tell you, it was snazzy! Anyhoos, my teacher's friend explained to me that a love motel is where young people go to.. well I guess do "love things." Koreans live with their parents until they are married so a lot of times when they go out to the bars or on dates, they do not have privacy. So they check into a love motel! So with that being in my previous knowledge, we finally arrived.

The motel was called The Greece Motel. It was super duper nice. We opened up the door and were amazed. For $50 a night, I was expecting a single mattress on the floor that we would have to share.

BEST PART: We ended up looking around. The motel had free internet, a mini fridge, a flat screen t.v., hot and cold water dispenser and a shower with HOT water :) Then, I headed toward the bed and saw a remote control next to it. I am too curious to not push buttons when I come across them so I did. Right away I heard this strange noise. "Where is that coming from." I had never really heard anything like that. Then, right before my eyes I saw the middle of the bed moving UP and DOWN!!! There was a machine built into the bed! Cory and I were dying of laughter. We sure were at a love motel all right! Plus, they gave you a goody bag when you arrived with condoms...oh my. They are serious about these love motels.

I'm sorry if this post is a little too riskay but I could not pass up the humor! It was so hilarious, so I hope you got a laugh out of it :)

 The view on the way to Suncheon.

The Greece Motel

Our room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment